What is Local SEO?
Why it is important?
As mobile internet access and search increases, local SEO is critical for any business offering products or services to a local geographic region. Consider these figures –
- Nearly 70% of people said that they confirm the location of a business online before they make a first visit.
- 50% of people who did a local search on their phone visited a store within one day.
- 18% of local mobile searches converted to sale within one day.
- Nearly 80% of local searches on mobiles converted to offline sales.
- 50% of local searches on a mobile are for a local business address.
How does it work?
List in Google My Business
Contact Page Content
Your Contact Us should contain and match the information in GMB. Including driving instructions and a few local testimonials is a good idea.
Name, Address, and Phone Number (NAP) citations must be consistent wherever Google picks up these. From the earlier example, your NAP should appear in consumer portals, local directories, industry directories, where customers are likely to search for an SEO company in Belmont.
The volume and content of reviews are very important factors for local SEO. Aim for reviews on Google as well as other prominent sites. Respond to reviews and get keywords into these reviews. Use reviews as testimonials on your site, with permission from the customer, of course.
Shares on social media
Have a well-branded and active profile across prominent social sites. It is an easy way to acquire links and citations on these profiles. Ensure GMB details are matching.