In simple terms, local SEO is about optimizing your website to rank higher in local searches. At a macro level it works the same as organic SEO, but with a different set of factors. Let’s explore this with an example of our own. We are an SEO company in Belmont. We want to target businesses in the Belmont area to find us. When people search for companies providing SEO in Belmont, they may find this article because it has been optimized for our SEO strategy. You may have found us using this method!
Why it is important?
As mobile internet access and search increases, local SEO is critical for any business offering products or services to a local geographic region. Consider these figures –
- Nearly 70% of people said that they confirm the location of a business online before they make a first visit.
- 50% of people who did a local search on their phone visited a store within one day.
- 18% of local mobile searches converted to sale within one day.
- Nearly 80% of local searches on mobiles converted to offline sales.
- 50% of local searches on a mobile are for a local business address.
How does it work?
As an SEO and branding agency in Perth, we understand local businesses very well. These points can help you get started with your local SEO.
List in Google My Business